How to Play Lords of Cricket
To enquire about Sales of Lords of Cricket contact us via email.
- Select the format of the game - Test, One Day International (50 Over), Twenty-20 or Backyard cricket.
- Turn the playing board to the format of the game selected.
- 'Set the Deck' to suit the format of the game selected.
- Toss a coin or roll the dice to elect a batting team.
- Pick your opposing teams - go to Cricket Facts for some ideas of top players and top cricket teams from past and present.
- Enter the batting and bowling teams in order in the scorebook.
- Shuffle the cards and cut the entire deck into six small decks and place each of the small decks face down onto each of the six circles on the board.
- Turn over each of the six small decks in sequence, revealing the bottom card in each deck. This is called the blowing over.
- The cards revealed represent the result of each ball bowled in that over.
- Record the results of each ball in the Cricket Score Book - see our How to Score cricket tips and printable score sheets.
- At the end of each over re-shuffle the entire deck and bowl the next over until either: the fall of the tenth wicket; the batting team declares the innings closed or the maximum number of overs has been bowled.
- The Deck Set changes throughout the course of the game, after the fall of the fifth and eighth wickets.
- The cricket team with the highest tally of runs at the end of the game is the winner.